Sunday 27 October 2013

Rimmel 'Stay Matte' liquid mousse foundation

       

     

      

      

      

     

Recently to arrive on the Rimmel counter and make its way into my make up bag is the new 'Stay Matte' liquid mousse foundation. I've recently started a new job with long hours and wanted an alternative to replace my Estée Lauder 'Double Wear.' A new job plus long hours means I need something long lasting with good coverage and had heard this might be exactly what I was looking for. 

The 'Stay Matte' foundation is marketed as a 'feather-light, liquid mousse that blends flawlessly for natural-looking, all day shine control. A silky smooth formula that leaves a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. A lightweight texture that won't feel heavy or greasy.' I was pleasantly surprised at how lightweight the texture was for such a medium to full coverage foundation and how even the finish was.  I was worried it would cling to dry patches as I have dry/normal skin but so long as I moisturiser first I've had no problems. Being a matte foundation and having dry skin I haven't found the need to powder on top but if you have oily skin there'd be no harm in arming your self against the shine although you probably won't need to! I hate having to touch up my make up in the day so the fact it lasts all day at work for me is a big plus but the real winning component here for me is its blendability. It contains gel emulsifiers which help to really blend it into the skin leaving you a silky smooth, flawless base to work from.

For a drugstore foundation I think the colour range is much better than many too. It offers 6 shades starting at 'Porcelain' being the lightest. I have shade 103 'true ivory' which seems to match me well at the moment, I have more yellow undertones to my skin but I did see a more pink undertones shade so hopefully there would be one to suit you. There's something about the packaging I like, maybe its the change from foundations in glass bottles? I know the tube looks less expensive but with the matte finish something just works for me. It's super light and doesn't take up much room so will be great for travelling too! 

I never got around to trying the Rimmel 'Wake me up' foundation when everyone jumped on that bandwagon but after having such a good experience with this I think I might have to try it, I do like me some dew sometimes! 

Have you tried the 'Stay Matte' liquid foundation? 



3 comments:

  1. I have tried the Wake me up foundation and when I first put it on I really like it, but over the course of the day I do find that it makes my skin look really shiny, even with matte powder over the top. So I am going to get some of this Matte foundation next and see if it works better.... I don't mind having glowing skin but shiny is a bit too far! Great post :) xx

    http://stylewithgracehairdesign.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Have not tried this, I have been using the No7 beautifully matte foundation, but this is definitely on my list of must-try makeup (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm yet to try this but it looks great for a nice, easy drugstore foundation :)
    xx

    www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete